Change to view Australian and NZ students' course information. You are viewing international students' course information.
- Be in demand – 90% of our Law graduates are in full time work within 4 months of graduation.
- QUT’s law degree prepares you to think ahead and take advantage of employment opportunities in growth areas or newly emerging sectors, such as mining and resources, intellectual property and technology.
- Gain a strong foundation in contemporary law knowledge, understanding and experience.
- Benefit from meaningful connections with high profile industry employers and classes with leading and internationally renowned law experts.
- Practical and effective hands-on learning experiences from day one.
|QTAC course code||417601 internal; 417605 external|
|QUT course code||KK34|
|Course duration||3 years full-time|
|Start month||2014 February, July|
Other courses you may be interested in
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Fine Arts (Creative and Professional Writing)
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Fine Arts (Drama)
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Fine Arts (Fashion)
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Fine Arts (Interactive and Visual Design)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Creative and Professional Writing)/Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Interactive and Visual Design)/Bachelor of Information Technology
At QUT Fashion we will nurture your creative spirit and embrace your individuality.
This conceptually driven design course is delivered in a studio environment where you learn about sustainable practices and digital technologies. Your design practice is contextualised through studies in fashion history, theory and industry. You can extend the scope of your fashion studies through opportunities in design disciplines such as interior design and architecture or in areas such as advertising, journalism or entrepreneurship.
Why choose this course?
QUT’s internationally renowned bachelor degree is located within the School of Design, Creative Industries Faculty. The course has a distinct interdisciplinary focus that embraces the diversity and opportunities for design in the twenty-first century.
This course provides you with the opportunity to experience real-world learning through industry and community internships, and throughout the course your work will be showcased to industry and the public.
QUT fashion students have completed international exchanges to London, Milan, Amsterdam and Delhi, and have secured coveted internships with leading international fashion companies including Vivienne Westwood, Alexander McQueen and Antipodium.
View examples of student work on YouTube at www.youtube.com/TheQUTube
Our graduates have had a significant impact on the emerging Brisbane fashion scene and have successfully launched their careers internationally. Many of our graduates are entrepreneurial, starting their own labels and small businesses.
They excel as independent designers and have collaborated with larger fashion houses such as Sportsgirl. Others work as fashion stylists, international trend forecasters and product development managers, living and working in cities all over the world. Pathways to further study, including honours and research degrees, lead to diverse outcomes such as fashion curatorship and sustainability studies.
You will focus on the integration of conceptual design principles with the practical skills and understanding of pattern cutting and garment construction. You will gain knowledge of the materials, skills and processes involved in fashion design including trend analysis, and issues around sustainability and ethical production. You will develop core skills in drawing and fashion presentation and you will be introduced to key ideas in Fashion History and Theory.
Building on the skills from your first year, you will expand your knowledge of international fashion while developing your own design aesthetic. You will increase your knowledge of and ability to research fashion cultures and deepen your knowledge of fashion history and theory. Through electives you will develop a broader knowledge of design and creativity. You will have the opportunity to study abroad as an exchange student.
In your final year, you will consolidate your design identity and practice. You will develop a substantial body of work that will be showcased to industry. You will continue to diversify your studies through electives. Throughout the year you will identify issues relevant to your planned career and position yourself effectively for entry into the fashion industry or postgraduate study.
Minimum English language requirements
Students must meet the English proficiency requirements.
|IELTS (International English Language Testing System)|
Haven't completed an IELTS test?
Don't have the English language score you need? We can help!
We offer courses to improve your English and help you gain entry to this course.
When you apply for this course, we'll recommend which English course you should enrol in.
Haven't completed an English language test? We can help!
You can complete an IELTS test at our Kelvin Grove campus.
Additional entry requirements
Successful portfolio and interview.
Minimum completion of schooling comparable to Australian year 12.
There are no closing dates for international applicants. We encourage you to apply as soon as you decide on the course you wish to study, to help you with visa requirements.
Please send the following documents along with your application form (F Form) to QUT. You may post or e-mail your application.
- All documents requested in the F form
- Current passport sized photograph
- Personal statement - A typewritten personal statement outlining your reasons for applying to this particular course, indicating your personal strengths and your future ambitions (max 300 words)
- Portfolio of your work
Please send copies only – documents will not be returned.
Interview Locations and Dates
Should your portfolio be successful you will be required to attend an interview. If you are unable to attend the interviews, we will arrange a telephone interview.
We will be conducting interviews in November 2013 at the QUT Kelvin Grove campus.
Your actual fees may vary depending on which units you choose. All fees are based on current fixed fee prices. We review fees annually.
2014: $12,300 per Study Period (48 credit points) (subject to annual review)
You'll need to pay some costs on top of your course fees.
Scholarships and financial support
You can apply for scholarships to help you with study and living costs.
These scholarships are available for this course:
How to apply for Bachelor of Laws
You're ready to apply if you have:
- Found all the courses you want to apply for. You can apply for up to 3
- Checked important dates
- Checked you meet the entry requirements
- Checked costs and scholarships
- Checked if you're eligible for credit for prior learning
- Gathered supporting documents
All done? Then you're ready to apply.