- Student type:
- Current domestic research students
- Future domestic research students
- Academic performance
- Study type:
- Postgraduate research
- Creative Industries
- Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation (IHBI)
- Centre for Accident Research and Road Safety Queensland (CARRS-Q)
- Science and Engineering
- Institute for Future Environments
Open date: 12 August 2013
Closing date: 13 October 2013
- have a First Class or 2A Honours
- be accepted into a masters by research, PhD, or professional doctorate.
- be able to demonstrate a significant interruption to your academic career.
What you receive
- a scholarship, indexed annually ($24,653 in 2013) for up to three years.
- a waiver for any tuition fees.
You can also apply for:
- a $1,520 relocation allowance (domestic students only)
- a $420 thesis allowance after submitting your thesis.
How to apply
You must supply a statement with your application that demonstrates a significant interruption to your academic career.
Future studentsFuture students apply for admission to QUT during the Annual Scholarship Round. Indicate on your application for admission that you wish to be considered for a scholarship.
The annual scholarship round closes in October each year.
Current research students apply during the Annual Scholarship Round via QUT Virtual.
What happens next
We'll evaluate applications and award the scholarship in December.
If you're successful in your application, you'll be expected to start your research degree early in the following year.
To keep your scholarship, you must:
- complete your study at QUT
- remain studying full-time, unless under exceptional circumstances. Exceptional circumstances include:
- caring responsibilities for a child
- caring responsibilities for school-aged children with limited access to outside support
- caring responsibilities for an invalid or disabled spouse, child, or parent
- a medical condition, supported by a medical certificate, which limits your ability to study full-time
- make satisfactory progress in your studies.
- hold another scholarship that is worth more than 75% of the Women's Re-entry Scholarship.
Your scholarship will be tax-free if you're studying full-time. If you're studying part-time, your scholarship can be taxed.
We support women who have experienced a significant interruption to their academic career to update their research credentials through doctoral study. One Women's Re-entry Scholarship is usually offered in the annual scholarship round.
- Phone: 3138 2932 or 3138 4923 or 3138 5306
- Int. phone: +61 7 3138 2932 or +61 7 3138 4923 or +61 7 3138 5306
- Fax: 3138 1304
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 4, 88 Musk Avenue
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
- Postal address:
Research Students Centre
GPO Box 2434
Brisbane QLD 4001