You have to be a current QUT student to apply for this scholarship.
- Student type:
- Current domestic undergraduate students
- Study type:
- Creative Industries
- Science and Engineering
Closing date: 30 June 2012
To apply, you must be:
- an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident at the time of application
- be currently enrolled in a Bachelors or Honours coursework or research degree at the time of application and throughout the period of the award
- in at least your second year of study or expecting to commence your honours degree in 2013.
You must meet a set selection criteria and provide supporting documentation. Read the selection criteria in section 2 of the 2013 Application Guidelines.
Nomination by host institution
QUT will need to nominate you to be eligible to apply. Read section 3.3 of the 2013 Application Guidelines for more information.
Previous award recipients
You are not eligible to apply if you've completed an Endeavour Award and/or an AusAID scholarship in the two years before this round of applications.
What you receive
A maximum of $53,500 for up to two years.
The award covers:
- travel allowance - $4500
- establishment allowance - $4000
- monthly stipend - $2,500 per month (up to one year on a pro-rata basis)
- award allocation - $5000 per semester (maximum of $10,000)
- internship allocation - $5000 (received once internship is approved)
- health and travel insurance (for full period of award).
How to apply
Applications for 2013 are now open.
You can apply by submitting a manual (hard copy) application, or by using the Endeavour online application system.
Only you can submit your application.
Before you apply, make sure that you've read the:
- 2013 round application guidelines
- step-by-step guide on using the online application system.
Read section 2 of the 2013 Application Guidelines for the full requirements and conditions of this award.
There are two stages to this award. Stage one is the full-time study component that takes up to 12 months to complete (one semester minimum). Stage two is a mandatory internship that takes up to 12 months to complete (2 months minimum).
The Prime Minister’s Australia Asia Awards provides scholarships for the ‘best and brightest’ university students from Australia. It aims to:
- develop internationally-aware, skilled future leaders
- build human capital within organisations and contribute to productivity gains and innovations
- establish enduring education and professional links.