You have to be applying for a QUT course to apply for this scholarship.
- Student type:
- Future domestic research students
- Struggling financially
- Study type:
- Postgraduate research
- Creative Industries
- Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation (IHBI)
- Centre for Accident Research and Road Safety Queensland (CARRS-Q)
- Science and Engineering
- Institute for Future Environments
Closing date: 31 October 2011
You must be either:
- a member of Australian Defence Forces
- a lineal descendant of an Australian Defence Force member who saw active service in WWII.
You must also:
- be a university graduate
- meet conditions and criteria for entry in a higher degree research program.
Applicants who experience financial hardship will be given special consideration.
What you receive
- $4,000 each year, for two years.
How to apply
- Complete the Gowrie Scholarship application form (DOCX file, 21.18 KB)
- Include a financial assessment of your:
- liabilities (tuition fees, accommodation costs, living expenses).
- a certified copy of your academic record.
- evidence of your Australian citizenship.
- Send an original of your application form to the Research Students Centre
- Send a duplicate application to:
The Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund
3/32 Beaconsfield Road
Mosman, NSW, 2088
What happens next
The Trustees will award the scholarships in March. If you're successful in your application, you'll be notified shortly afterwards.
The scholarships will commence at the start of the academic year.
The Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund provides support for Australian Defence Force members and lineal descendents of World War II veterans to conduct research either within Australia or overseas.
- Phone: 3138 2932 or 3138 4923 or 3138 5306
- Int. phone: +61 7 3138 2932 or +61 7 3138 4923 or +61 7 3138 5306
- Fax: 3138 1304
- Email: email@example.com
Level 4, 88 Musk Avenue
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
- Postal address:
Research Students Centre
GPO Box 2434
Brisbane QLD 4001