You have to be applying for a QUT course to apply for this scholarship.
- Student type:
- Future domestic research students
- Academic performance
- Study type:
- Postgraduate research
- Eligible courses:
Closing date: 7 December 2012
- have completed at least 3 years of an undergraduate degree at a high level of achievement (we usually won't consider students with a grade point average of less than 5)
- not have completed a degree at the same, or higher, level as your proposed candidature
- have been accepted for enrolment as a full-time candidate in an honours program offered by the Faculty of Health at the time the scholarship is taken up. We may approve a part-time Honours Scholarship, but only under exceptional circumstances
- be an Australian citizen, or have permanent resident status and have lived in Australia continuously for 12 months at the application closing date.
What you receive
- $7,500 per year , paid in fortnightly instalments.
- tax exemption for a full-time award.
How to apply
- complete the Honours Scholarship application form (DOC file, 36.5 KB)
- a certified copy of your academic record (if you are completing undergraduate study outside QUT)
- your CV
- the names, addresses and telephone numbers of two referees familiar with your academic work
- an indication of your proposed area of research
- submit your application by email to Health Honours Student and Teaching Support.
You must also:
- apply for and be accepted into the honours program.
What happens next
- make scholarship offers in December and January
- rank candidates and allocate scholarships based on overall grade point average. If we need to choose between candidates with the same grade point average, your final year results or results in research methods units may count towards your ranking.
Make sure your address is correct so that you receive any correspondence we send you. You will have a limited time to accept the offer before it lapses. Contact the Health Honours Student and Teaching Support if there's any change to your address during this period.
Some schools in our faculty may have a limit to the number of scholarships they can offer.
You may apply for special consideration in your application for a scholarship. You must submit evidence to support your case for special consideration by the scholarship closing date.
We will terminate scholarships before this time if you fail to:
- enrol full-time (or part-time where approved) and commence your studies by the date specified in the offer letter
- meet the eligibility criteria
- fulfill your obligations
- make satisfactory progress
Your obligations are to:
- apply yourself diligently and to the best of your ability
- maintain regular and frequent consultations with the supervisors
- abide by the NH&MRC codes on human and animal experimentation
- abide by the policies and rulings of the QUT University Human Research Ethics Committee and the University Animal Research Committee
- adhere to university regulations (including disciplinary provisions)
- notify the Senior Research Administrator, Faculty of Health, in writing if you:
- discontinue your studies in the faculty honours program
- are absent for any reason (other than recreation leave) for 14 days, except with the prior approval of your supervisor
- leave Queensland for reasons other than approved overseas study, approved suspension or other approved absence.
- repay any monies to which you are not entitled but which were paid to you through your failure to fulfil your obligations
- execute a Student Deed of Intellectual Property and Confidentiality, in accordance with the Student Intellectual Property Protocol, if QUT considers that the Vacation Research Project involves external funding or a commercial objective or potential.
You may undertake paid employment, but only if:
- it does not interfere with the course of your study
- has the approval of your course coordinator
- it does not exceed six hours in any one-week or 180 hours per year (not including weekends and holiday periods) for full time students.
Student and Teaching Support - Health Honours
- Phone: 3138 4822
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 6 O Block, B Wing,