You are viewing Australian and NZ students' course information. Change to view international students' course information.
- Study web design, interactive media, interface design, visual communication, motion graphics and interaction design.
- Opportunities to design for electronic media, web technologies, games and physical computing.
- Complete in 1 semester full-time or 2 semesters part-time.
|QUT course code||KK86|
|Attendance||Part-time or Full-time|
|Course duration||6 months full-time
1 year part-time
|Start month||2014 February, July|
Other courses you may be interested in
Visual and interaction design plays a pivotal role in the rapidly expanding fields of contemporary communication and new technologies.
This course is targeted at mid-career professionals looking to immerse themselves in creative practice or to convert existing knowledge through engagement with new media theories and practices.
Why choose this course?
You can choose units that contribute to your design interests and career progression from web design, interactive media, interface design, visual communication, motion graphics and interaction design. You will develop practical techniques and skills and graduate with enhanced creative industries networks.
Studio-based teaching replicates the real world by providing opportunities for you to apply your knowledge and skills in practical settings and encouraging you to interact with others to solve design problems.
Careers in this area provide opportunities to design for electronic and print media, web and mobile technologies, games and physical computing as well as for new technologies as they continue to emerge.
- A completed recognised Bachelor Degree (or higher award) in any discipline; or
- A completed recognised AQF Diploma or Advanced Diploma plus 5 years professional work experience; or
- 7 years professional work experience
Your actual fees may vary depending on which units you choose. All fees are based on current fixed fee prices. We review fees annually.
2014: $10,800 per Study Period (48 credit points) (subject to annual review)
Student Services and Amenities Fee
You'll need to pay the Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF) as part of your course costs.
FEE-HELP: loans to help you pay your course fees
You may not have to pay anything upfront if you're eligible for a FEE-HELP loan.
Find out if you're eligible for a FEE-HELP loan
Scholarships and financial support
You can apply for scholarships to help you with study and living costs.
These scholarships are available for this course:
You may also be eligible for Centrelink payments
How to apply for Graduate Certificate in Creative Industries (Interactive and Visual Design)
You apply directly to QUT for all our postgraduate courses.
Are you ready to submit your application?
You're ready if you have:
- Found all the courses you want to apply for. You can apply for up to 3.
- Checked important dates.
- Checked you meet the entry requirements
- Checked course costs and if you're eligible for financial support
- Checked if you're eligible for credit for prior learning
- Collected supporting documents (see application form)
All done? Then you're ready to apply.
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.