You are viewing Australian and NZ students' course information. Change to view international students' course information.
- Develop skills required to create original and thought-provoking communications involving strategy, planning and creativity.
- Devise campaigns for real products in a wide range of media, building a complete and professional portfolio.
- Complete in 1 semester full-time, or 2 semesters part-time.
|QUT course code||IF94|
|Attendance||Part-time or Full-time|
|Course duration||13 weeks full-time
26 weeks part-time
Note: This course is offered full-time over one semester or part-time over two semesters.
|Start month||2013 & 2014 February, July|
Other courses you may be interested in
- Graduate Certificate in Business
- Graduate Certificate in Business (Integrated Marketing Communication)
- Graduate Certificate in Business (Interdisciplinary)
- Graduate Certificate in Business (Marketing)
- Graduate Certificate in Business (Public Relations)
- Graduate Certificate in Business Administration
- Graduate Certificate in Creative Industries
- Graduate Certificate in Creative Industries (Creative Production and Arts Management)
- Graduate Certificate in Creative Industries (Interdisciplinary)
- Graduate Certificate in Creative Industries (Professional Communication)
Creative advertising is all about ideas.
Join our intensive creative advertising postgraduate program to learn the practical skills required to derive and execute your own great advertising ideas.
A unique suite of units offered by the Creative Industries and Business faculties provides you with the skills to create stunning, original and thought-provoking communications involving strategy, planning and creativity.
Why choose this course?
Throughout this challenging hands-on course, taught by industry professionals, you will learn to unleash your creativity from week one. You will develop your skills in copywriting, art direction and creative campaign production all within a theoretical perspective. From idea conception to delivery, you will learn how to work to a client’s brief and how to present your ideas effectively.
If you are looking to freshen up your skills or make a career move into the exciting world of creative advertising, this is the ideal place to develop your skills to industry standard. You will devise campaigns for real products in a wide range of media, resulting in a thorough and professional portfolio.
This course prepares you for a range of exciting career options including: advertising and new media professional, creative director, copywriter, art director, account management, digital srategist, and media industry specialist.
All course structures
A bachelor degree with an overall grade point average of 4.5 or above (on a 7-point scale).
Applicants who do not met the entry requirements may be considered for special entry. Previous tertiary study, grade point average and documented relevant professional experience at an advanced level will be considered.
Your actual fees may vary depending on which units you choose. All fees are based on current fixed fee prices. We review fees annually.
2014: $9,800 per Study Period (48 credit points) (subject to annual review)
2013: $9,000 (indicative) per Semester (subject to annual review)
Student Services and Amenities Fee
You'll need to pay the Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF) as part of your course costs.
FEE-HELP: loans to help you pay your course fees
You may not have to pay anything upfront if you're eligible for a FEE-HELP loan.
Find out if you're eligible for a FEE-HELP loan
Scholarships and financial support
You can apply for scholarships to help you with study and living costs.
You may also be eligible for Centrelink payments
How to apply for Graduate Certificate in Advertising
You apply directly to QUT for all our postgraduate courses.
Are you ready to submit your application?
You're ready if you have:
- Found all the courses you want to apply for. You can apply for up to 3.
- Checked important dates.
- Checked you meet the entry requirements
- Checked course costs and if you're eligible for financial support
- Checked if you're eligible for credit for prior learning
- Collected supporting documents (see application form)
All done? Then you're ready to apply.