Build a research career with real impact. We offer up to 10 prestigious Vice-Chancellor’s Research Fellowships for talented mid-career researchers.
Vice-Chancellor’s research fellows will have an opportunity to develop and enhance their academic record and make a significant contribution to QUT’s research outcomes.
In addition to competitive remuneration and superannuation benefits, fellows will receive a $20,000 research support grant and can apply for other grant schemes funded by QUT.
Recruitment will focus on the following research areas:
- Digital media
- Journalism and professional writing
- Early childhood education
- Inclusive education
- Drug monitoring and diagnostics
- Early childhood nutrition
- Metabolism in exercise and sports science
- Commercial and property law
- Health law
Science and engineering
- Applied mathematics and statistics
- Biomedical engineering and medical physics
- Environmental engineering and science
- Information systems
- Mechanical engineering
- Robotics and artificial intelligence
The fellowships are open to Australian and international applicants. Applications close 30 August 2013.
Step 1: Contact and discuss with an assistant dean (research)
You must contact the relevant assistant dean (research) to confirm that they are willing to host your fellowship. At this point, you will be able to discuss the intellectual and physical environment at QUT and the type of project you are interested in undertaking.
If you are unsure of the relevant Faculty, contact the Director at the Office of Research, Michael McArdle.
Step 2: Complete documentation
You will need to read and complete the following documents:
- Information for Applicants (DOCX file, 25.7 KB)
- Fellowship Guidelines (DOCX file, 45.07 KB) (updated 20 June 2013)
- Application form (DOCX file, 37.18 KB)
Step 3: Submit your applicationApplicants must email a PDF version of their application and supporting documentation to 2013VCRF@qut.edu.au by 30 August 2013.
For more information, please contact:
Mr Michael McArdle
Phone: 07 3138 1844
Office of Research
- Phone: 3138 1844
- Fax: 3138 1304
- Postal address:
Office of Research
GPO Box 2434
Brisbane Qld 4001