Project status: In progress
- Research leader
- Organisational unit
- Lead unit Creative Industries Faculty
- Start date
- 1st January 2009
- End date
- 1st January 2012
- Research areas
Digital media is evolving at fast pace while new online business models and practices are emerging across various industries. Social media trends are indicating that online consumers are rapidly changing their role from users to producers of creative content. They are no longer passive observers but active inventors of new and creative models within social media.
The focus of this research is in evaluating current position of the independent user generated experts' sites versus the main stream industry sites. In order to establish leadership in the online media universe it is necessary to verify brand positioning of companies delivering products or providing services in the digital environment, to define the universe of consumers attracted to their online brands, and to determine the strategic advantages of their business models.
For many companies questions of profitability and ROI are crucial when creating an online strategy turning them into industry leaders or followers. Hence this study will provide crucial answers to businesses, content creators and policy makers about market potentials of Australian online media, possible market niches and new models of online services.
- Define consumer's profile in the social media environment.
- Establish leading brands in the online service industry.
- Evaluate brands in online versus offline variants.
- Describe successful business models within service industry.
- Create a panel among creative content users and research their behavior and attitudes.
- Collect, analyze, contrast and compare data collected from the customer base.
- Identify main brands, industry leaders and successful business models.
- Recognize and describe the relationships between business and user generated models.
- Depict size and demography of the market.
- Identify current mega brands and potential principal brands.
- Analyze the effectiveness of various business models and strategic advantages.
- Generate knowledge base for development of new business models.
- Devise and pilot new media and communication business models.