QUT Medical Physicists are using and inventing state of the art medical devices and analytical techniques to tackle problems such as cancer, lymphoedema, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, poor vision, and cardiac function.
Much of this work is coordinated by the Queensland Cancer Physics Collaborative and Q-BIC (Quantitative Biomedical Imaging and Characterisation Research Group). The Quantitative Biomedical Imaging and Characterisation group has three main themes:
- Ultrasound: 3D/3D imaging and characterisation
- Simulation: FEA, Monte Carlo, visualisation
- MRI: tissue characterisation.
- Research leader
- Organisational unit
- Lead unit Science and Engineering Faculty 1st January 2000 1st January 2000
- Research areas
- Queensland Cancer Physics Collaborative