We conduct research into significant current and emerging issues involving commercial and property law, and their impact on the economy, the environment and society. We aim to influence government policy and law reform in these areas.
Members of our commercial and property law research program conduct high-impact nationally and internationally recognised research in:
- e-commerce and e-information security in business and government
- property law in relation to sustainability
- property transactions
- consumer credit
- insolvency law.
Evidence of research quality
ERA (Excellence in Research for Australia) 2012 score:
- 4 (above world standard) -
- Law (FOR 1801).
ERA (Excellence in Research Australia) evaluates the quality of research undertaken in Australian universities against national and international benchmarks.
Developing new researchers
- Research students
- Early career researchers
- Professor Bill Duncan
- Professor Sharon Christensen
- Professor Stephen Corones
- Professor Rosalind Mason
- Professor Bill Lane
- Associate Professor Colin Anderson
- Mrs Denise McGill
- Ms Amanda Stickley
- Ms Nicola Howell
- Dr Bill Dixon
- Ms Michelle Backstrom
- Dr Lucy Cradduck
- Mr Mark Wellard
- Ms Anne Matthew
- Mrs Catherine Brown
This is just a sample of our research activity in this area.
- National Credit Reforms - Examining the Regulation of Payday Lenders
- A legal framework for specifying and defining carbon property rights
- The Future of Financial Regulation: Enhancing integrity through design
- Consumers And The National Energy Market
- The Limits of Disclosure: Private Rights, Public Duties and the Search for Accountable Governance
Evidence of impact
- Citation of books and articles in supreme courts, courts of appeal and High Court (Christensen and Duncan).
- Invited to specialist property law consultancy in national law firm (Christensen and Duncan).
- Chair of National E-Conveyancing Working Group for Law Council of Australia (Christensen).
- Sessional member of Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (Christensen).
- Keynote speaker at National Property Law Conferences (Christensen).
- Invited member of two Queensland Law Society Committees relating to Conveyancing Practice and Specialist Accreditation of Property Lawyers in Queensland (Christensen).