A world-class universityOur business school is the first in Australia to achieve all three leading international accreditation symbols of excellence:
- AACSB International (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business)
- EQUIS (the accreditation body of the European Foundation for Management Development)
- AMBA (The Association of MBAs).
QUT is one of only two universities in Queensland to be awarded 5 Stars in the 2012 Good Universities Guide for student success in getting a job after university.
Strength in research
QUT has performed strongly in the Australian Federal Government’s 2012 Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) assessment round, with 95 per cent of the university’s research areas at the broad discipline level ranked world standard and above.
Our top performing research areas include:
- Environmental Sciences
- Information Systems
- Language, Communication and Culture
- Law and Legal studies
- Mathematical Science
- Medical and Health Science
- Studies in Creative Arts and Writing
QUT has long-standing links with a number of leading international public and private sector organisations including:
- The World Bank
- World Health Organisation.
Many of our staff have received international awards and recognition for their teaching initiatives, research collaborations and publications. These include Nobel Peace Prize-winning scientist Dr Richard Conant who joined QUT in 2010.
Our staff won more teaching awards than any other individual Australian university in the 2010 round of the prestigious Australian Awards for University Teaching.