The School of Economics and Finance in the QUT Business School has established a solid reputation for economic research across a range of areas including econometrics, behavioural economics, environmental economics and applied economics. The academic staff are internationally recognised for their research excellence, being published and cited in top tier international journals such as the American Economic Review and the Journal of Economic Literature. The Australian Government's 2010 Excellence for Research in Australia (ERA) ratings placed the School in the top eight departments in the country for economics overall and third in the country for applied economics. The emphasis on applied econometrics in the School ensures that its research efforts are underpinned by strong analytical techniques which are essential in contemporary cutting edge economics research.
Research programs and groups
The theme comprises three major programs and two research groups:
- Behavioural economics
- Environmental economics
- Applied economics
- Queensland Behavioural Economics Group (QuBE)
- Economics of Environmental Performance Group
National Centre for Econometric Research
The National Centre for Econometric Research is aligned with economic research in the QUT Business School, and is dedicated to enhancing, undertaking and disseminating knowledge about econometric research methods among public policymakers, business professionals and the academic community.
This is just a sample of our research activity in this area.
- Building Economic Capacity to Improve the Management of Australian Marine Resources
- Should Rational Individuals Be Optimistic? Theory, Survey Evidence, Experimental Evidence and Policy Implications
- Using Heart Rate Variability Measurements to Identify the Effects Of Stress On Decision Making
- Honesty and Efficiency in the Provision of Expert Services: Doctors and other Experts as Participants in Economic Experiments
Potential topics for new research students, and topics our students are currently studying.
Research degree enquiries
QUT Business School - Research Support Office
- Phone: 3138 1407
- Int. phone: +61 07 3138 1407
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 7, Z Block,
2 George St
Brisbane QLD 4000
- Postal address:
Research Support Office - QUT Business School
2 George St
Brisbane QLD 4001