Researching in the QUT Business School
Our research students are an integral part of our research culture, and we offer them a high level of financial, infrastructure and administrative support during the course of their studies.
The Research Student Handbook is a reference of the support services available to you, including:
- research support office services and contacts
- faculty and university facilities and support
- resources provided by each school
- research areas in each school
- key contact points
- policy and procedures.
Research support office
If you're considering a research degree, our Research Support Office can help you:
- find a suitable supervisor
- complete the application process
- apply for scholarship opportunities.
The Research Support Office also administers all research and research studies within the QUT Business School, including:
- candidature matters (leave, extensions, status changes, coursework, supervision).
- milestones (Stage 2, confirmation, final seminar)
- funding applications for research related activities.
Facilities for researchers
- Experimental research laboratory
- A purpose-built behavioural research facility designed for running computer-based lab experiments. Researchers can test up to 20 participants in a highly controlled setting.
- Securities dealing room
- Provides real-time global data to students and researchers in economics and finance.
- Business School research spaces
- Research students are accommodated in secure, swipe-access rooms with printing, phone and computer facilities in both Z Block and B Block on Gardens Point campus.
- University-wide research support and facilities
- As a researcher, you'll have access to a range of research facilities and technologies, as well as training and dedicated library services. These include technologies for research collaboration between QUT and external researcher partners.
We offer a Doctor of Philosophy (Business).
You may also be able to complete a joint PhD studying at QUT and another leading university overseas. You must study at least one year at each institution. When you complete your degree, you'll receive recognition from both universities.
Gaining the necessary training and experience
We offer a Graduate Diploma in Business (Research) as an alternative pathway for PhD candidates who require necessary research training and experience.
If your offer for entry into the graduate diploma (BS69) is packaged with the PhD (IF49), the following conditions apply:
- We define the package as a sequence of programs from the graduate diploma (BS69) to the PhD (IF49).
- Your progression from the graduate diploma (BS69) to the PhD (IF49) is guaranteed if you complete the graduate diploma with a GPA of 5.5/7 or greater.
- A supervisor for the PhD (IF49), which is normally the same as the supervisor for the graduate diploma (BS69), is confirmed when assessing your entry into the graduate diploma program.
- A suitable research topic and thesis title for both the graduate diploma (BS69) and the PhD (IF49) is confirmed when assessing your entry into the graduate diploma program. The PhD topic can be a progression of the topic undertaken in the graduate diploma.
- We guarantee research support, places, supervisors and topic areas for the PhD (IF49)12 months in advance of when we make the offer for the graduate diploma (BS69) to full time students.
Doctor of Business Administration
We offer a Doctor of Business Administration (DBA):
We offer research masters programs in:
We offer our honours program in:
- human resource management
- international business
- public relations.
Student topics and projects
You can browse topics that we're looking for students to study and some examples of what they're currently working on.
QUT Business School - Research Support Office
- Phone: 3138 1407
- Int. phone: +61 07 3138 1407
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 7, Z Block,
2 George St
Brisbane QLD 4000
- Postal address:
Research Support Office - QUT Business School
2 George St
Brisbane QLD 4001
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.