- Doctor of Philosophy (Business)
- Graduate Diploma in Business (Research)
- Doctor of Business Administration (DBA)
- Master of Business (Research)
- Bachelor of Business (Honours)
To be eligible for entry to a Doctor of Philosophy (Business) you must have previously undertaken a smaller research project. There are five pathway options to meet the requirements.
You may also be able to complete a joint PhD studying at QUT and another leading university overseas. You must study at least one year at each institution. When you complete your degree, you'll receive recognition from both universities. If you are interested in this option, discuss it with your potential supervisor.
Student topics and projects
You can browse topics that we're looking for students to study and some examples of what they're currently working on.
We offer our research students a high level of financial, infrastructure and administrative support during their studies.
The Higher degree research handbook is a guide to the support services available.
If you're considering a research degree, contact our Research Support Office for help with:
- completing the application process
- applying for scholarship opportunities
- preparing for degree milestones.
Facilities for researchers
- Experimental research laboratory
- A purpose-built behavioural research facility designed for running computer-based lab experiments. Researchers can test up to 20 participants in a highly controlled setting.
- Securities dealing room
- Provides real-time global data to students and researchers in economics and finance.
- Business School research spaces
- Research students are accommodated in secure, swipe-access rooms with printing, phone and computer facilities in both Z Block and B Block on Gardens Point campus.
- University-wide research support and facilities
- As a researcher, you'll have access to a range of research facilities and technologies, as well as training and dedicated library services. These include technologies for research collaboration between QUT and external researcher partners.
QUT Business School - Research Support Office
- Phone: 3138 1407
- Int. phone: +61 07 3138 1407
- Email: email@example.com
- Level 7, Z Block,
2 George St
Brisbane QLD 4000
- Postal address:
Research Support Office - QUT Business School
2 George St
Brisbane QLD 4001
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.