How to set up a QUT alumni chapter
We have resources available to assist alumni volunteers who work with us to establish a chapter or group. If you are interested, register as an alumni volunteer with the Alumni and Development Office.
What is an alumni chapter?
An alumni chapter is a formal, organised association of alumni who want to network with other QUT alumni for professional, industry, faculty, geographic or special interest purposes. An alumni chapter needs to follow a set of draft by-laws, which are available from the Alumni Office. Alumni chapters are overseen by a formal committee. The committee will be responsible for liaising with alumni staff, meeting QUT staff and assisting the university from time to time.
Alumni chapters are required to:
- maintain a set of official chapter by-laws
- have active officers and an active committee in accordance with the by-laws
- provide a delegate to represent the chapter at any QUT alumni leaders meeting
- maintain a viable membership base from the alumni population in the geographic, discipline or other specific interest area
- hold a minimum of two events per year to which all alumni eligible for membership of the chapter are invited.
Alumni and Development Office
- Phone: +61 7 3138 4778
- Fax: +61 7 3138 1514
- Email: email@example.com
- Level 1, A Block,
2 George St
- Postal address:
GPO Box 2434
Brisbane QLD 4001