Why organise a reunion?
Reunions are a great way for alumni to meet and re-establish links with old friends. Reunions are generally initiated and organised by a group of graduates who are interested in celebrating milestones, e.g., 20 years since graduation.
Faculties, schools and the alumni office also organise reunions from time to time to celebrate major anniversaries and other achievements, for example:
- the Golden Graduates Reunion (50+ years since graduation)
- launch of a Faculty/School Chapter
- 20 years since the launch of the Faculty of Law.
Support for reunions
The Alumni Office can help you organise your reunion by:
- advertising your reunion online, in monthly alumni e-newsletters and via special emails to your reunion invitees
- linking you with on-campus venues in which to hold your reunions
- providing advice in regards to reunion planning
- mailing a reunion invitation to your constituency (due to privacy laws, we can only make the personal details of alumni available to a reunion organiser/s under a confidentiality agreement)
- providing some signage and brochures
- donating a lucky door prize (QUT memorabilia).
Organising your reunionWhen you're organising a reunion, you'll need to give us:
- details of reunion event, including reunion organisers
- any updated personal or business contact details received
- an invitation for an Alumni Office representative to attend
- a list of attendees to the reunion.
The Alumni Office can support the reunion, but the main responsibility for a successful reunion remains with the reunion organisers.
You should consider:
- type of reunion to be held (dinner, lunch, afternoon tea, family BBQ, catered or self-catered, etc.)
- date, time and venue (ensure you leave enough time. It generally takes about 3 months to plan a successful reunion, which allows time for lost alumni to be found, invitations to be printed and to book a venue)
- who takes RSVP's
Alumni and Development Office
- Phone: +61 7 3138 4778
- Fax: +61 7 3138 1514
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 3, A Block,
2 George St
- Postal address:
GPO Box 2434
Brisbane QLD 4001