- Alumni benefits may be restricted to location or citizenship at the providing organisation's discretion.
- An alumni card may be required to access certain benefits and services offered to alumni by the university and external organisations. There is no cost for this card.
Alumni Arts Package
QUT alumni can enjoy the best value theatre from around the country at a special discounted price.
An Alumni Arts Package will get you cheaper tickets, VIP treatment, and bonus complimentary double passes to QUT acting and dance shows.
- multiple packages to suit you
- discounted ticket prices with no booking fees; the more shows in your package, the better the discount
- bonus complimentary shows, with free double passes to all QUT acting and dance student showcase productions (valued at $330)
- exclusive booking periods and priority seating
- a benefits card giving you discounts and special offers at QUT food and retail outlets
- discounted parking adjacent to the theatre
- the flexibility to switch performances within each show's season.
Gardens Theatre 2014 season
In 2014 Gardens Theatre brings you the sharp humour of Australia’s favourite playwright David Williamson, as well as Christen O’Leary’s tour de force in Bombshells, with a couple of Patsy Cline-loving cowgirls, Groucho Marx and Huw Higginson (The Bill) in between.
Packages and prices
- 6 shows: $162
- 5 shows: $145
- 4 shows: $124
- Matinee 3-pack: $84
For more information or to buy a package, call the Gardens Theatre box office. Alumni Arts Packages can't be purchased online.
Healthstream QUT is the refreshing change the fitness industry has been looking for.
Healthstream offers you a friendly, relaxed atmosphere that is designed to look after you and your personal fitness goals.
Alumni can now access the same membership options as QUT staff and students.
QUT and NAB are offering a benefits package for QUT staff and alumni members. NAB@work offers a range of preferential retail banking and wealth management benefits.
Home loans with more:
- Lowest Standard Variable Home Loan Rate of the major banks
- Work Life NAB discount of 0.75% p.a.
- No home loan Early Exit fees on NAB home loans
- NAB will help with switching costs to move your loan from another bank or financial institution.
Want more from your bank? With NAB, you'll get more. Plus, with access to NAB@work benefits, you get an even better deal.
And if you already have an eligible NAB home loan and increase your borrowings, you can also receive this 0.75% discount.
Phone 1300 797 400, contact your NAB banker, or go online for more information.
We have a partnership with one of Australia's largest national wine distributors, Premium Wines Direct, who offer outstanding prices on premium Australian wine to our members and friends. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to subscribe to monthly offers.
Medibank Private VIP health cover range
QUT and Medibank Private are offering cover where you'll save up to 5% off VIP packaged covers and up to 5% off VIP hospital-only and VIP extras-only (or a combination of the two).
Phone 1300 135 476 or email the Medibank Relationship Manager at email@example.com for more information. Simply quote 'QUT alumni' and your alumni ID number.
Thrifty car rental
Thrifty is one of Australia's largest and most dynamic car rental companies with over 260 locations, represented in every state, territory, capital city, major city and also in regional and remote centres. Thrifty is also part of one of the largest worldwide global networks, operating in more than 70 countries around the globe.
Thrifty provides alumni with:
- a personal account manager available 24/7
- free delivery within 20km of a Thrifty location (not to private residences)
- year round fixed low rates
- leisure rentals at the same rates as business rentals
- Qantas Frequent Flyer points (3 points for every dollar spent with Thrifty)
- 24-hour roadside assistance Australia-wide
- fuel cards for business hires
- greatly reduced accident excess on vehicles ($550 for passenger vehicles and $1650 for commercials for both business and leisure rentals)
- no single vehicle accident excess
- client care card (for support and assistance during the rental)
- Thrifty's preferred renter program, 'Blue Chip'
- no credit card fees
- no underage surcharge for drivers under 25 (business rentals only) and no increased accident excess for drivers under 25 (applies to both business and leisure rentals).
To take advantage of this offer:
- Visit Thrifty corporate membership.
Enter the code 4908005112 in "Corporate CD#" box and click "Login" (no need for password or email address). You may then enter your booking information from there.
- Call Thrifty's TOLL FREE Reservations line 1300 365 564 - email firstname.lastname@example.org, fax (02) 9317 3070, or book online. Ensure you have your alumni card at time of collecting vehicle.
Please ensure you quote the following CD Number when making your bookings:
- CD Number - 4908005112
- Account Number - Queensland University of Technology - Alumni
Free one-year travel magazine subscription
Odyssey Travel is a not-for-profit organisation, and fully accredited IATA Travel Agent, which provides ongoing educational opportunities for the over-50s market by the provision of exciting travel programs specifically designed with an educational component.
Alumni members who sign up with Odyssey will receive a free subscription entitling them to receive Odyssey Travel's publications including special event invitations for a period of one year.
Travel insurance offer
Chartis insurance offers a 40% discount to QUT alumni.
- overseas medical expenses, flight cancellation, loss of luggage and more
- individual and family cover
- access to 24-hour emergency assistance
- international, Mature Age and Australia domestic cover
- or for frequent travellers a multi-trip, annual cover.
QUT Bookshop discounts
QUT Alumni are entitled to receive 10% off the selling price on text books, reference books and stationery products at the QUT Bookshops at Gardens Point and Kelvin Grove.
This discount is only available to alumni card holders. You must present your card prior to purchase to receive the discount.
QUT Alumni Library Information Service: ALIS
ALIS membership includes borrowing rights and access to a limited set of online journals from ProQuest. It is available to QUT graduates and alumni.
All new graduates are eligible for a free 12-month ALIS membership from the date that they completed their course. After this time discounted membership is available.
Careers and employment
Careers and Employment offers its services for alumni. You can either look for a job, or advertise a position. Register to use the service through the QUT CareerHub page.
To advertise a position on the jobs network:
- Log on to Careers and Employment (if you are a first time user, select company registration).
- Place your ads as required.
- You will receive a confirmation email showing your ad has been verified.
You only need to register your company once. Keep your username and password to register more jobs.
QUT Health Clinics
The QUT Health Clinics offer services in:
- nutrition and dietetics
- psychology and counselling
- human movement
- wound healing.
The QUT Health Clinics are located at 44 Musk Avenue, Kelvin Grove as part of a new multi-million dollar, multi-purpose centre in the heart of the Kelvin Grove Urban Village. Alumni, the general community, QUT staff and students can also access free or low-cost health care services from these clinics.
Our alumni can receive a 20% discount on the cost of glasses from the QUT Optometry Clinic. Present your alumni card to receive this discount.
Alumni and Development Office
- Phone: +61 7 3138 4778
- Fax: +61 7 3138 1514
- Email: email@example.com
- Level 1, A Block,
2 George St
- Postal address:
GPO Box 2434
Brisbane QLD 4001