The Outstanding Alumni Awards recognise our Australian and overseas graduates for exceptional professional, academic or research achievement and contribution to the community at local, state, national or international levels.
The 2014 Outstanding Alumni Awards will be held on Tuesday 29 July 2014 at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre.
Nominations close on Friday 21 March 2014.
The 2013 QUT Alumnus of the Year was announced on Tuesday 23 July. In a first for QUT, the awards ceremony was also broadcast live to events held in Canberra, Melbourne and Sydney. Over 500 people attended events across Australia.
Joint QUT Alumni of the Year (Chosen from the faculty winners)
- Mr John Barrow and Mr Rod Sheard
Young Alumnus of the Year
- Dr Daniel Timms
Special Excellence Award Winners
- Dr Merrilyn Banks
- Justice Tashi Chhozom
Also awarded were the 2013 Faculty Award winners:
- Major General Paul McLachlan, AM, CSC: Head Land Systems, Defence Materiel Organisation (DMO) (Business)
- Mr John Barrow and Mr Rod Sheard: Senior Principals, Populous UK (Creative Industries)
- Dr Lyn Bishop: Principal, Sheldon College (Education)
- Dr Merrilyn Banks: Director, Nutrition and Dietetics & NHMRC Health Professional Training Research Fellow, Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital (Health)
- The Honourable Jarrod Bleijie MP: Attorney General and Minister for Justice, Member for Kawana, Queensland Parliament (LNP) (Law)
- Dr John Russell: Managing Director, Russell Mineral Equipment Pty Ltd (Science and Engineering)
The 2013 Outstanding Alumni Awards are proudly sponsored by the National Australia Bank (NAB), Coca-Cola Amatil, GJI, Tynan Mackenzie and Medibank Private.
Alumni and Development Office
- Phone: +61 7 3138 4778
- Fax: +61 7 3138 1514
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 1, A Block,
2 George St
- Postal address:
GPO Box 2434
Brisbane QLD 4001